Friday, October 9, 2009

Friends and the Zoo


This last week we took a break from the mundane life to spend some fun times at the zoo with friends. Lindsay and her two boys Shane and Caden (sorry about any incorrect spelling!), Dawn Sheree and her two boys Garth and Colt and Ashley with her two boys Jeff and Jaxon (who couldn't be in the picture because she was taking it, thanks Ashley!). A woman there commented, "4 girls and 7 boys huh?" to which I replied "Yeah, we don't mess around!". You know that little voice in your head that says, 'think before you speak idiot!'? Yep, I should listen... It was so good to walk around in fairly cool weather (for Tucson) and catch up. Cuz lets be honest, I didn't really go for the animals and neither did Talmage. It was just really nice to be outside. All the kids did really good, and Lindsay's littlest man too good. I snapped this pic of Talmage and Colt but wish little Caden would have been a little fussy or something so I could justify taking him out of his stroller to put in our photo. But what can you do with really good kids?!? And if you're wondering if Colt's cheeks and double chin alone weigh more than Talmage, jump on the bandwagon! Those things are of "curious workmanship" which entiseth one to touch and kiss to see if they are real. Have to be careful though, one could also get lost or drowned in those depths... We had a really great time and wish we
could've had other friends there but we put this all together kind of last minute! Hopefully next time as we made a pact to get together more often! I'm really grateful for good friends growing up who helped me make good choices and enjoy life for what it is!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. EEeeeek!!! I love you all and am SO happy you guys got to have a fun day at the zoo together! HOW FUN. Someday I'll actually be an accessible friend for playdates & outings too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, definitely feeling left out. But not enough to not be so excited about this excursion! I can't believe you are all excited about the nice weather. It has already snowed here and a jacket is required daily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The picture of the three of you brings back SO many high school choir memories. So fun to be "in the same boat" being mothers...and Wow! all boys! How fun.

    ReplyDelete