Sunday, June 6, 2010
Paria Canyon
Apparently I was waiting for an experience great enough to blog about seeing as
how my last blog was 6 months ago... well ladies and gents, this is it!! Paria Canyon with the Laytons!!! 47 miles in 3 1/2 days. Yep, kicked my trash. We started at a trailhead called Buckskin Gulch (which I should've taken as an omen. For future notice, any trail with the word "gulch" in it should be taken with great caution.) Buckskin is a 16 mile slot canyon, meaning it can narrow down to about 3 feet and the walls can be 100s of feet high, all carved out after years and years of water. Pretty amazing scenery to say the least. At the highest points my camera couldn't take in all the view because if I stood back far enough to get the canyon wall, I couldn't see the people in it. This post will be in several different sections as I can't fit it all in one. As a disclaimer, please be aware that I was not incredibly cheery the entire trip and the commentary may be a bit sarcastic. Judge me all ya want, but I don't care!! One can tell that this first pic is before we started hiking at all because you can see the legit smile on my face; not so much in the days to follow... A lot of pics to follow, I'll try and explain them honestly and cheerfully along the way...

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like that the posts are in the opposite order because they end on a positive note that way! Haha. The trip sounds incredible, thanks for sharing it with us. And I did not know you had to pack your own poo out. That is a little too much for me I think! Congrats. You Rock!
ReplyDelete