You know how every superhero has an arch nemesis? Batman has Joker, Mr. Incredible has Buddy and the Scarlet Pimpernel has his Citizen Chauvelin. I have my own (and yes, I am a superhero; Daren especially likes my cape, or is it the skin tight suit underneath it???). It's the Chocolate Chip Cookie. Oh yes, I know what you're thinking, in Disney's "Bug's Life" Dot's voice, "Um, its a cookie...." Oh no friends, this is no ordinary cookie. It can't be or the countless times I have tried to prepare and bake this supposedly delectable treat have been in vain. Ask my friends, ask my husband; both can attest to my inabililty to make a golden brown, chewy, chocolatey cookie. "Just follow the recipe" you say? I don't want to hear it. No, I will conquer this battle on my own, although it may take me years. Not all problems are solved in 1:36 minutes as Hollywood would like us to believe. So I will persist in my battle to defeat the cookie, "If its the last thing I do..."
On a little more realistic note, I'm posting some pics of Talmage who just managed to catch his first cold or go through his first teething process. I don't know yet; but I haven't had cause yet to flick his head while he's eating. He was awful Tuesday night, waking up every 1-1 1/2 hours and fussing. The longest I slept was a 2 1/2 hour stretch when I asked Daren to get up with him and I turned off the monitor. (Even superheroes have moments of downfall...) I had worked Monday night which means by the time I went to bed Wednesday night I had gone 48 hours with 6 broken hours of sleep. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Our little family is worth it. I just want it documented so when Talmage asks me as a teenager "Why do I have to do what you say?" I can have legal evidence that he is practically my indentured servant... We'll have to see how that one holds up in court. Anyway, things are looking better. He's still stuffy and coughing but he went to bed at 7:30 last night, woke up at 12:00 to eat, went back to bed and slept til 6:30 this morning. His servitude may be shortened a precious little :) Hope all is going well with all friends and family and wishes that you will all find ways to beat the arch nemesis in your lives... Especially Heather!!!
Love. This. Post. Has "Cindy" written all over it! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm with ya on conquering the chocolate chip cookie! The other day I failed MISERABLY as I halved everything in the recipe....except the eggs. Yeah. They were more like chocolate chip pancakes. At least they still tasted good!
Oh those little boogers.....good thing they're CUTE, right???! We use that phrase A LOT around here! I totally used to whine at my parents that I was their "slave".....and....NOW I know that I was right. I totally had kids to have slaves.....just to get them back.
Totally kidding.....mostly. :)